May 14th Launch cancelled
Due to weather . With storm fronts moving through area, today and tomorrow
also with the distances some have to travel, for what might only be 1/2 day launch,
decision was made to cancel.
Launch has been rescheduled for 5/21
May 21st Launch is a go
There may or may not be showers in the afternoon. We will launch as long as we can if that is the case.
June 11th Launch is a go
Weather outlook: Sunny temp around 70 SW winds6 to 10 mph
There is a new rocketry forum
Feel free to register & join. There is a thread started on upcoming launch
Information will be posted there, please post if planning on attending
CTRA-NARCONN's annual membership meeting was held on January 9th, 2016, After much discussion, the following actions were taken for this flying year:
* The roster of officers was ratified. Pete Shultis remains the club President, and Gary Schwartz will once again be the Club Prefect. This was voted on and passed unanimously.
* Launch events are set for the second Saturday of each month, weather permitting. Should there be a rain delay, the launch will be held on Sunday.
* The CTRA Annual "Rocket Festival" (previously known as the invitational) is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of October 8th & 9th . There supposedly will be no corn planted this year so flyers will have an easier time with recovery of their projects. Watch our website for further information.
* Membership rates will stay as they have been for the last few years (see "Become a member"), as does the daily launch fee of $10 (waived for Golden Ticket members.)
We're very enthusiastic about building the club membership. Flyers and hand-outs are being considered, and of course your spreading the word to friends and family is encouraged.
We look forward to seeing you at our Cobleskill launch site. We anticipate many new and interesting projects to show up this year, and are excited to start the flying season!